Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Swine Flu

We have all heard those scary words "Swine Flu" and automatically get freaked out and paranoid. When I thought of it I thought life or death. I had a friend recently text me and tell me her daughter had it. My first reaction was "Oh my goodness, is she going to be ok?" My friend just said yes of course. Here lately we've been hearing about a lot of people getting the swine flu. It's not as big bad and scary as we were lead on to believe. I think when it first came out we didn't know much about it so it scared us.

This week I was diagnosed with the Swine Flu. I had gotten it from my nephew a couple of nights before. I didn't know he had it at the time or I wouldn't have been kissing on him. There are some negatives to having the Swine Flu, but believe it or not there are also some positive things that come out of it as well.

Negative sides: I had a fever for about three days. I was freezing cold and couldn't get enough blankets on. I was literally bed rid for two and a half days; I only got out of bed to go to the bathroom, which I hated doing because I was always so cold. I couldn't be around the children let alone touch them for days. I would give them air hugs and kisses when they went to school or to bed. Night sweats are the worse!! I had to put a towel down because when I would wake up, the bed and I both were soaked! My six month old would cry and I couldn't do anything about it. I had to sit and look at her. That's all! I'm the one always home with her and take care of her the most. Plus being sick is never fun, and I don't know about any one else but I'm a little baby when I get sick. Just want to be loved and cared for. The medicine they have for it is so expensive! Have you ever heard of having Insurance that doesn't cover prescriptions? Well, I didn't until we tried to go get them and found out our Insurance doesn't have prescription coverage! We pay out the rear for that Insurance!

Oh yes, the positive side. I bet you think I'm crazy but really there is a positive side. My husband works only five days a week but it's not a normal five days. He works Monday, Tuesday, off Wednesday, works Thursday, Friday, Saturday, off Sunday. You see, he is never off two days in a row, and he's never home before six o'clock. Usually it's dinner time, then the kid's bath time, then off to bed. Not too much family time. Since I've been sick he's been home taking care of the kids. Him and the baby have gotten unbelievably close!! He has a seven year old, but was never with the mom and has only ever gotten her part time. He's never really gotten close with her, so it's a new thing for him to raise his child. It's sooo cute!!! He's been dancing around with her, singing to her, feeding her, putting her to bed, giving her baths, playing with her, loving on her! She's usually a mama's girl and every time he had her before she would always just stare at me. Now, she'll look at me for a second then turn back to her daddy! She loves laying on his chest and just babbling away. I love seeing that bond! I act like it drives me crazy but really I'm very happy to see it. He's actually getting to raise his child and it's the best feeling in the world. I'm just glad that now he gets the opportunity to do it. Of course he's always been close with my three old so that's nothing new. He's just like her daddy too!

So you see, there is a positive side. Right now I'm downstairs and he's upstairs with her. I can hear him singing to her as I type. Ha Ha! Too cute!!! Isn't the saying there is always a positive side in every situation. I hope that's the saying because then I could look forward to everything that happens in my life from here on out. Oh, by the way, nobody else got the Swine Flu in our house hold. I was, of course, the unlucky one.

Having the Swine Flu is a serious thing. One thing to look out for is fever and heavy coughing. If anyone has those symptoms they need to go see their Dr. They say you can get medicine only if it is 48 hours since the symptoms started. If not you will have to wait it out and it could take days or even weeks. Keep your self Healthy and remember to wash those hands :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are ok though!! Take care of yourself and your loved ones! :)

    ReplyDelete